Elizabeth Taylor Jewelry Auction to Feature Pieces by Sandra Muller
On December 15, Christie’s New York will be holding an exclusive sale of the jewelry of Elizabeth Taylor. The auction will feature three pieces by Sandra Muller: a set of necklace and bracelet, and a stand-alone bracelet, all acquired by Elizabeth Taylor
Sandra Muller: “I would often go to visit Elizabeth Taylor at her house, and she would say that her heart would jump a certain way when she saw a jewel that was just right for her. And these did it! The style is very Capri chic 1970’s. My inspiration was to create something fun, colorful, charming, and full of life, using fine semi-precious gem beads and combining colors that would have suited an Emilio Pucci or Thea Porter colorful gown — very much Elizabeth’s style. I first met Elizabeth Taylor at the Palace Hotel in Gstaad when I was 9 years old. She was having lunch with the wife and daughter of Yul Brynner, and I joined them. I was mesmerized by her headdress, with an emerald dangling on her forehead. She had an incredibly eclectic taste for jewelry. This encounter awakened in me an aspiration to become a jeweler. Little did I know that one day she would be wearing my creations.”
The set of necklace and bracelet are 18 karat gold with smoky quartz, citrines, corals, fresh water pearls, tiger's eye, crystal de roche and chrysophrase. The stand-alone bracelet is 18 karat gold with amethyst, citrines, aquamarines, rubelite, fresh water pearls and ametrines.
For Diane Von Fürstenberg, "Sandra Muller is a true original artist as well as a real craftsman. Her jewels are both exotic and refined and like nothing else available...I own several pieces and love them." Sandra’s pieces have graced the pages of many fashion and lifestyle magazines and were exhibited at The Forbes Galleries in NYC in 2008. She is a member of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) and won the Spectrum design award in 2004.
Sandra Müller grew up in Paris and Geneva. At eighteen, she moved to California to study gemology and jewelry manufacturing at the Gemological Institute of America. Since then, she has been creating one-of-a kind jewels and limited editions for a clientele which includes many celebrities.
For more information, contact Sandra Müller:
9461 Charleville Blvd., Suite 410, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Tel (310) 279-6290
About Sandra Muller:
Sandra Muller creates one-of-a kind jewels and limited editions for a clientele which includes many celebrities.
The property set forth in the image(s) Christie’s provides will be offered in The Collection of Elizabeth Taylor, to be sold by Christie’s in New York from December 13, 2011 through December 16, 2011. The images attached may only be reproduced in connection with the issuance and/or posting of a press release or releases related to the Collection of Elizabeth Taylor to be sold at Christie’s New York.
Christie's Press Office Conditions of Use:
The digital images attached, distributed by Christie’s by electronic means are for use on the following basis only:-
1. The Images may only be reproduced in connection with the above stated purpose.
2. The license to use the Images is non-exclusive and is granted for a one-off usage only, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Christie's Images Limited (“Christie's Images”).
3. The term of approved usage for these images expires on December 31, 2011. At that point the Image must be returned to Christie's Images. The Image or any copy of the Image may not be kept in any form whatsoever, including storage in an archive or in an electronic retrieval database.
4. You may not distribute the Images or any copies of the Images nor authorize the use of the Image to any third party without the prior written consent of Christie's Images.
5. The Images shall at all times remain the property of Christie's Images.
6. While Christie's Images owns the copyright in the Images, there may be additional copyrights in the subject matter of the Images. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether any such additional copyrights exist and to obtain any necessary permission from the relevant copyright owners or their agents prior to reproducing the subject matter of the Image. Neither Christie's Images nor any other company in the Christie's group can be held liable for any failure on your part to do this.
Press Release Courtesy of Online PR Media: http://bit.ly/uavgA6
Tel: (310) 279-6290
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.