St Paul Handyman and Bathroom Remodeling Specialist offers Sound Advice to Elderly and Single Homeowners
Many older, single homeowners feel more vulnerable when they need service performed by home repair contractors
The need for senior home modification, especially bathroom remodeling services like walk in bathtubs and roll in showers has increased, so the demand for honest and dependable contractors has grown. The danger with handyman scams and crimes is most present with those who goes door to door looking for work. A reputable St Paul handyman will not need to go door knocking to find work. He already has a name and reputation.
In any event, safety is a major issue today. With so many scam stories heard in the news people are becoming more aware of the need to take precautions. Single, older homeowners feel most vulnerable when they need home repair and seasonal maintenance service. Even if the handyman comes highly recommended by a trusted friend or neighbor, the person dispatched to the job is a stranger. The company may send a different contractor than the one who provide great service for the friend.
Collin Dickey, owner of HandyPro Handyman Services (http://StPaul.handymanhoops.com) understands the concern and suggests the following tips when hiring a contractor or other home service provider:
• Ask for the repairman's physical description. If the handyman is employed by a large company, ask the service representative for a physical description of the contractor.
• Ask to see the handyman's photo identification. Sometimes the handyman arrives in his own pick-up truck or panel van with no logo or lettering. Ask to see photo ID or credentials proving he is indeed the home service provider expected.
• Keep an eye on the repairman. A handyman should not roam around the house without supervision. Show him the job to be done and watch him as much as possible while he works.
• Let a neighbor know that a repairman is coming to the home so they can keep an eye out or stop by while the service man is there.
• Do not leave valuable items like expensive jewelry, laptop computers, and cash laying around.
Consumers should report any suspicious, rude or unprofessional behavior of a home service provider to the company. Perhaps this isn’t the first complaint they have received, so they will take action to protect their customers and their reputation.
Collin Dickey owns HandyPro Handyman and Senior Home Modification Service in the Twin Cities area, serving residents and business owners in St Paul, Minneapolis and neighboring communities. All home repair technicians are licensed, bonded, drug tested and background checked. The HandyPro Handyman can be counted on to handle all home improvement needs from general repairs to complete remodeling, renovating and additions. Visit http://StPaul.bathscentral.com to learn more.
About HandyPro Handyman Services:
What’s on your to-do list? HandyPro Handyman Services offers affordable solutions to a wide variety of home repairs including home modification for seniors, home improvement and home remodeling, seasonal home maintenance and more. HandyPro specializes in helping the homeowner, business or property manager have building repairs completed professionally, in a timely manner, and guarantees 100% customer satisfaction. HandyPro Handyman Service has been in business since 1996, serving over 20,000 clients with zero complaints from the Better Business Bureau. HandyPro Handyman Services has been featured on Rachel Ray and Fox News.
Collin Dickey, President
HandyPro Handyman Service
4805 Colfax Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55419
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC
Handy Pro Handyman Services
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.