Global Methanol Industry: China to Remain the Dominant Market
A new report on “Global Demand, Capacity and Prices for Methanol – China to Remain the Dominant Market” added by RnRMarketResearch.com to its store.
China has huge demand for methanol for gasoline blending in the transportation fuel sector, and its plan to implement a mandatory 15% blending in gasoline is likely to see methanol consumption increase substantially in the future.
In the petrochemicals sector, methanol demand is driven by the adhesives, solvents, foams, plastics and paints industries. Steady growth in the Chinese economy is likely to create more demand from these sectors, and drive capacity. Furthermore, plans to develop additional Methanol to Olefins (MTO) capacity is forecast to occur in China. There are five active MTO plants in the country, as well as 13 planned MTO facilities with a capacity of around 9 million metric tons per year (mmty). Once all of these plants are operational, the requirement for methanol to be used as a feedstock will increase, and result in more methanol capacity being constructed. The following figure shows the estimated global methanol capacity share by country in 2013 and 2018.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=205529 .
hina and the US to Add the Most Capacity in the Next Five Years
China and the US will be the largest contributors to methanol capacity, and will account for 49% of the global capacity addition over the next five years. In China, a demand-side push will drive capacity expansions, in turn increasing local methanol production. The country has 17 planned methanol plants, with a total capacity of 22.17 mmty. In the US, the capacity expansion will be driven by increasing shale gas production, which provides abundant and cheap natural gas feedstock for methanol production. There are eight planned methanol plants In the US, with a total capacity of 9.66 mmty.
Iran will be the third-largest capacity contributor over the next five years. Its capacity will be export-oriented, catering mainly to the Chinese market. It has five plants planned, with a total capacity of 8.72 mmty.
Prices Expected to Increase Steadily
Methanol prices are expected to grow at a steady rate over the next five years, although there will be regional variation:
• The Middle East will remain the most economical region in which to produce methanol, meaning its prices will remain low.
• North American methanol prices are expected to reduce due to a decline in the cost of production, and stagnant regional demand.
• In South America and APAC, prices are likely to witness a gradual increase due to strong demand.
• European prices may decline further in the next few years due to weak demand and the absence of any emerging applications.
Overall, global prices are expected to grow steadily from 2014.
Inquire for Discount @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/discount?rname=205529 . (Report Price: Single User License – US$3000 and Corporate User Licnese – US$9000)
The report provides in-depth analysis of the demand and supply dynamics of the global methanol industry, including -
• Historic and forecast global methanol capacity by region
• Details of planned methanol plants
• Major global methanol producers’ capacity shares
• Historic and forecast methanol market size, demand volume and production volume by region
• Global methanol demand by end-use sector
• Methanol price forecasts by region
• Lists of active and planned methanol-to-olefins plants by country
• Profiles of the three largest companies in the global methanol industry
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision-making capability by allowing you to -
• Understand the key trends and challenges in the global methanol industry
• Understand the regional methanol supply scenario
• Identify opportunities in the global methanol industry with the help of specific insights into demand and supply dynamics
• Increase future revenue and profitability with insights into opportunities and critical success factors in the global methanol industry
• Understand the current and likely future competitive scenario
RnRMarketResearch.com is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.
RnR Market Research
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.