Staying Safe As Mosquito Menace Spreads: Ovvio Oils, Maker Of Natural Repellent Prevent, Offers Tips
As the mosquito-borne disease West Nile Virus spreads, Ovvio Oils offers some advice on staying safe.
"Lately, several cases of the West Nile Virus have been reported across the country. With the mosquito season in full swing, people have to exercise extra caution in order to not get bitten by mosquitoes. We decided to put out a list of Dos and Don'ts to help people avoid any unnecessary risks," Dayna Slater, owner of Ovvio Oils said.
Here are some simple things people can follow to minimize the risk of getting bitten:
• Mosquitoes are out in full force from dusk to dawn. Outdoor activities during this period should either be completely avoided or greatly minimized
• Mosquitoes will attack exposed parts of the body and will also bite through clothes. Wearing long, loose, and light-colored clothing will help minimize this risk
• Avoid wearing perfumes and colognes
• People who have been drinking alcohol are more likely to be bitten; if possible, avoid consuming alcohol
• Stagnant water is the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. Check for any spaces around the house and neighborhood, and drain any water that has accumulated there. Old tires, flower pots, wading pools are things where water gets easily collected, make sure they are drained and removed to avoid water from collecting again
• Clean swimming pools and make sure the water is chlorinated
• Wear a repellent before stepping out of the house. Spray the repellent on exposed skin and clothes. Make sure the feet are also covered with repellent as mosquitoes tend to attack this area of the body more
• Re-apply repellent after 4-6 hours or when the mosquitoes start biting again
• Never allow children to handle the repellent. Help children apply the repellent
Ovvio Oils has recently launched the product Prevent, an all-natural repellent that contains lemon eucalyptus, a potent natural repellent. Prevent does not contain DEET, synthetic pesticides, alcohol, or any animal-based product and is effective against a variety of insects including ticks, mosquitoes, and chiggers. It is completely safe and can be directly used on the skin.
Remember prevention is always better than cure. A few simple precautions can protect people from several dangerous mosquito-borne diseases.
About Ovvio Oils
A locally-owned business, Ovvio Oils' entry into the essential oils' market was motivated by the proprietor's need to produce high quality, premium essential oils free from harmful chemicals and low-grade ingredients. Ovvio Oils is committed to providing each customer with the highest standard of customer service.
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.