Ten Energy Saving Tips from North Carolina HVAC Specialists
Kay Heating and Air Conditioning Service Share Tips on Saving Energy
“We have a simple policy at Kay Heating and Air Conditioning. We take care of our North Carolina HVAC customers,” the HVAC Winston Salem NC company states on its website. As air conditioning repair NC specialists, Kay Heating and Air Conditioning has learned what type of home care changes really make a difference on the energy bill. Here are their top ten hints for saving energy.
1. Set the air conditioner thermostat at 78 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when at home, and 85 degrees Fahrenheit when gone. Keep inside air vents clear from furniture and other objects.
2. Have the central air conditioner tuned up and clean or replace filters monthly for efficiency.
3. Run the dryer and dishwasher at night. On hot days let dishes air dry.
4. Set the water heater to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. For a no-cost way to keep a home cooler, keep the blinds and windows closed during the day and open at night.
6. Window, ceiling and whole-house fans are also low-cost ways to keep the home a little cooler.
7. Wash clothes in cold water and clean the lint filter in the dryer after every use.
8. Eliminate, or deactivate, extra freezers or refrigerators, especially if they spend the summer outdoors or in a garage. Better yet, earn a cash incentive by having old refrigerators or freezers picked up for proper recycling.
9. Unplug appliances and electronics when not in use. Plug home electronics, such as TVs, DVD players and computers into power strips and turn off the power strips when the equipment is not in use.
10. Pool owners should consider slowly reducing pool filtration time by 30 minute increments daily. Keep on reducing the time as long as the water appears clean. Install a timer to control the length of time that the pool pump cycles on. Raise the temperature settings. Each degree of temperature can represent up to nine percent savings in cooling costs.
NC HVAC service provider, Kay Heating and Air Conditioning, has been providing heating and air conditioning services for residential and commercial for over 40 years in North Carolina. Their ac service Greensboro NC customers and surrounding area customers rely on them for their experience and expertise. They enjoy sharing ways to help their customers save money and energy.
About Kay Heating and Air Conditioning Services:
Established in 1972 Kay Heating and Air Conditioning provides North Carolina expert heating and air conditioning services for both commercial and residential projects. Each technician at Kay Heating and Air Conditioning has been CFC certified and continues to attend training classes on all brands of heating and air conditioning equipment. For more information, visit http://www.kayheating.com/
Kay Heating and Air Conditioning Service
Tel: (949) 555-2861
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.