Professional Appliance Repair in Metairie, LA Provides Valuable Tips to Improve Washing Machine Performance
Proper care, maintenance and use of the washing machine will improve performance, reduce energy bills and increase the life expectancy of the appliance.
Many washing machine repair problems are the direct result of overloading the machine and poor maintenance. Here are some tips for getting more out of one’s washing machine:
• Level the Washer: An unbalanced machine can be very noisy and cause excessive wear and tear on the appliance. Not leveling the washer can cause expensive damage and result in an appliance repair call.
• Maintain Hoses: Replace hoses every 5 to 7 years to prevent leaking or bursting which can lead to serious water damage to a home.
• Maintain Drain: Keep waste water drain clear of debris, lint and other blockages. Make sure hose is not kinked. If the washer still doesn’t drain properly, you may need to call Professional Appliance Repair for an estimate to repair it.
• Do not overload: Overloading the washer produces excess weight which puts undue strain on the machine, causing it to work harder and use more energy. Furthermore, clothes may not come out as clean.
• Detergent: Follow manufacturer’s guidelines when measuring detergent. The amount needed depends on water hardness, size of load and degree of soil and avoid the so-called bargain detergents.
• Water Temperature: Save energy by using cold or warm water which is just as effective as hot water in most cases.
• Load size: One large load is much more efficient than several small loads. Save time, energy, water, detergent and wear and tear on the machine with fewer, larger loads (but again…do not overload!)
• Spin Cycle: The better the spin cycle, the more water that is extracted from clothes so they dry faster. An over loaded machine will not spin efficiently, so clothes will come out wetter and the dryer will take longer and use more energy. If the machine is not spinning all of the water out, it may have a problem and one will need to call an appliance repair expert from Professional Appliance Repair.
• Drum Balance: Distribute laundry evenly around the spindle to prevent overloading the motor and breaking the drum belt.
• Water Level: Use the appropriate water level for the size load. Washing a small load in a high water level leads to reduced agitation and cleaning power.
The appliance repair specialists’ number one tip for maintaining the washing machine is to have professional washing machine repair technician service the appliances when needed. Appliance repair can be dangerous for the average homeowner to take on and it can lead to more serious damage to the machine. Visit http://www.proappliancefix.com/ for more information or to schedule an appointment.
About Professional Appliance Repair, LLC:
Professional Appliance Repair is an appliance repair company in Metairie, LA. Family-owned and operated, they provide a wide range of services including refrigerator repair, freezer repair, microwave repair, washer and dryer repair, ice maker repair, stove repair and disposal repair. Owner Paige Dyer takes pride in their fast, dependable and honest appliance repair service.
Professional Appliance Repair
Metairie, LA 70003
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group. LLC
Professional Appliance Repair, LLC
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.