Oral Hygiene Promotes Overall Wellness
Oral hygiene helps prevent fatal diseases caused by dental caries.
Xpress Dental Clinic Campaign
Xpress Dental Clinic in McAllen Texas
The Xpress Dental Difference
Dental Decay on the Rise
Tooth decay is generally preventable however recent study shows it remains one of the most common diseases among children. According to CDC, 42% of children ages 2 to 11 have had cavities in baby teeth; 21% of those ages 6 to 11 have had cavities in permanent teeth. This rise in dental decay cases is mostly found on children from underprivileged families. Lack of dental supplies, dental visits and supervision often result to dental deterioration.
Without proper oral hygiene, bacterial levels inside the mouth can soar high that often leads to fatal diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, dementia, Alzheimer’s, rheumatoid arthritis, pancreatic cancer, premature birth, pneumonia, respiratory tract infection, premature birth and more. A recent case of dental caries took a life of a 12-year-old kid from Maryland after the bacterial infection from the mouth spread into the bloodstream.
Less Sugar, Less Dental Problems
Studies indicate an increase in tooth decay cases in children who get more than 10% of their calories from sugar. Evidence also suggests children consuming under10kg of sugar a year, which is about 5% of their calorie intake, also developed dental caries at lower levels. Dental caries is an indication of dietary risks which affects human in any stages in life.
Ways to combat Dental Decay
Public Health encourages the following steps to maintain healthy mouth;
1)Brush the teeth twice a day. This routine is the simplest and most effective way to prevent mouth problems.
2) Floss at least once a day. Flossing aids in cleaning hard to reach areas of the teeth.
3) Schedule dentist visits every six months for overall dental check-up and hygiene.
4) Constant supply of healthy food. Lessen sugar, starch intake including coffee and alcoholic drinks. These causes the mouth to dry quickly reducing saliva production that helps kill bacteria harbouring bacterial growth.
5) Rinse mouth after eating. If brushing doesn’t come handy, gargling water with salt or mouth rinse available in the market will do the trick. It will prevent bacterial spreading within the mouth.
6) Drink lots of water before bedtime. This lessens bacterial exposure all night long.
About Xpress Dental Clinic:
Xpress Dental Clinic offers the most advanced dental practices in McAllen, Texas to give customers comfortable, relaxing dental experience. All equipment’s are meticulously scrutinized to deliver the best possible care. Express Dental Clinic uses electric handpieces and offer Bluetooth wireless headphones to eliminate the "old fashion" dentist office noise and have advanced, in-office "mini" manufacturing technology that creates superior quality dental crowns, onlays and overlays in less than a day.
Xpress Dental Clinic
Tel: (956) 682-4440
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.