HandyPro Centennial Handyman Suggests Interior Painting Tips to New Homeowners
Preparation can take longer than actually painting the room, but the final results are well worth the time spent
The local handyman updates his website often to provide home improvement tips to new home buyers and DIY enthusiasts. He says that taking the time to properly prepare the room before painting will make the job easier and ensure good results. Though many first-time homeowners have never painted a room before, the tips posted on the Centennial Handyman website will make the job go smoothly and allow satisfactory results.
Todd Wortmann, owner of HandyPro Handyman Service (www.handymancentennialco.blogspot.com/) suggests the following steps in preparing for an interior painting project:
• Remove furniture or move it to the center of the room, and then cover with drop cloths
• Tape around moldings, doors and windows using removable safety masking tape specially made for painting
• Remove any heating and cooling air vents and cover plates from electrical outlets and light switches
• Sand or scrape loose and flaky paint with light sandpaper or a paint scraper
• Fill all nail and screw holes from pictures with a putty knife and spackling compound.
• If the walls and ceiling of the room are dirty, wash them with trisodium phosphate (TSP) prior to painting. Allow walls to dry completely prior to painting
• Spread a canvas drop cloth over the floor to keep paint drips and spills from ruining your carpet
Once the preparation is done, the fun work begins. The handyman says it is best to start with the trim around doors and windows, then paint the corners of walls and ceilings. Paint the ceiling next, then do the walls. Even if the paint can indicates “one-coat coverage,” the handyman suggests applying two coats for excellent coverage and lasting durability.
HandyPro customers include homeowners and business owners, property managers and homeowner’s associations. From small repairs to complete remodeling, the handyman is licensed and qualified to handle most home repair and home improvement needs. From painting and drywall repair to door widening and customized kitchen and bathroom renovation, the local handyman is the go-to guy for affordable solutions. Visit http://handypro.com/codenverandaurora.html to learn more.
About HandyPro Handyman Services:
What’s on your to-do list? HandyPro Handyman Services offers affordable solutions to a wide variety of home repairs including home modification for seniors, home improvement and home remodeling, seasonal home maintenance and more. HandyPro specializes in helping the homeowner, business or property manager have building repairs completed professionally, in a timely manner, and guarantees 100% customer satisfaction. HandyPro Handyman Service has been in business since 1996, serving over 20,000 clients with zero complaints from the Better Business Bureau. HandyPro Handyman Services has been featured on Rachel Ray and Fox News.
Centennial Home Services LLC
DBA HandyPro of Suburban Denver and Aurora
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC
Handy Pro Handyman Services
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.