Research Shows That Pedestrian Fatalities Involving Children Increases 4.5 Times On Halloween Night
Top Priority needs to be given to Halloween Safety in order to reduce the number of pedestrain related accidents this year.
Research shows that 4.5 times as many children are killed in pedestrian accidents on Halloween night compared to other days throughout the year. "It is most dangerous after dark when pedestrians are harder to see." Heather Masson, owner of Car Coordinates says.
Motorists are often not paying attention to surroundings because they are focused on watching their own children; children are not thinking about safety, they are thinking about the activity at-hand. This makes for a very dangerous combination.
Taking a few extra minutes to talk with your children about Halloween safety could save an accident.
Easy Halloween Safety Tips to keep in mind for your children this Halloween include:
• Make sure that your child has some kind of reflective gear on their costume. It is dark out during the busiest trick or treating hours making dark costumes very difficult to be seen by motorists. Adding some glow in the dark reflective tape to your child's costume is easy and inexpensive.
• Be sure that your child is not wearing a mask to go out Halloween night. Masks are very difficult to see out of. Completing the costume with face paint and makeup is a much safer way to go. If they have to wear a mask make sure that it is well ventilated and that the child can see clearly through the eyes holes.
• Be sure to sit down and talk with your kids about Halloween safety. This includes things like pedestrian safety, traveling in groups and never alone, only going to houses that are well-lit both inside and out. Also remind children to pay attention to their surroundings and to stay away from anything that looks suspicious or weird.
Safety for Motorists is also very important. As a motorist be sure that you are on the alert and using extra caution.
• Never use any cell phone or electronic gadgets while you are operating a motor vehicle.
• Travel through residential areas at a reduced speed and pay extra close attention to curbs and between parked cars.
• Obey all traffic safety laws including simple things like making sure you use your turn signals, and also not stopping in the middle of the road to drop off/pick up your children.
• Always yield to pedestrians.
• If you have to stop, be sure to pull off to an area that is safe to do so, and use your hazards when kids are entering or exiting your vehicle to warn other motorists to be cautious.
"Of course we want all our little ghosts and goblins to have a great time on Halloween, and that's why with a bit of extra attention to safety we can hope to reduce the number of Halloween tragedies this year.", Masson explains.
About Car Coordinates
Car Coordinates was created by a parent who spends hours each week in a vehicle driving with children and understands how stressful and frustrating that can be. Trying to stay focused on the road while paying attention to the wants and needs of a child can be very distracting, and even dangerous.
Car Coordinates is a company dedicated to improving our customers driving experience by providing premium car accessories. Car Coordinates strives to provide outstanding customer service in every aspect of our business, including value added bonuses and a 100% money back guarantee.
Tel: (587) 425-0128
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.