An Overview of the Disability Benefits Checklist from a Social Security Attorney in Las Vegas
One of the most important parts of filing for your Social Security disability benefits is the checklist.
What the Checklist Requires
The checklist covers two areas of your application for benefits:
• The actual disability application
• Your disability report
Depending on your scenario, certain things may be required for each. For the disability application, these include:
• The dates of any of your marriages or divorces
• The names of your spouse, any dependent children under the age of 18, and their birth dates
• Any military discharge information (Form DD-214)
• Your most recent W-2 or IRS-1040
• Your bank account number and routing information, in the event that you want your benefits directly deposited
Clearly, gathering most of this information won’t require the help of a Social Security attorney in Las Vegas. Your disability report, though, is an entirely different matter.
The Disability Report Checklist
You’ll need to include all of the following information when filing your disability report:
• The names, addresses, and phone numbers of someone familiar with your medical condition who is also willing to help with the claim (your Social Security attorney in Las Vegas is perfectly suited for this role)
• Details regarding any medical treatment received from doctors, clinics, or hospitals, including the dates, names, address, your patient ID number, and phone numbers
• The medications your taking, as well as the name of the person who prescribed them
• Information regarding the medical tests you’ve had, including their names, dates, and the name of the person who ordered them
• The five jobs you had before becoming disabled, or your employment history for the last fifteen years, including the dates of your employment
• Details regarding any workers compensation or insurance claims you’ve filed, including claim numbers, and contact information for the insurance company
As you can see, it can quickly become difficult and complicated to gather all of this information without the help of a Social Security attorney in Las Vegas. Add to that the fact that missing a pertinent piece of information could result in additional delays of your much needed benefits, and it should become rather clear that working with a Social Security attorney in Las Vegas is a wise idea, even though you’re not required to, under any circumstances.
These forms aren't meant to be complicated, though. They’re designed to help provide the government with all of the information they’ll need to make a decision on your claim. When everything is filled out properly, and all of the pertinent information is provided, your claim will be processed quickly and efficiently, which is yet another reason to work with an attorney if you must file for Social Security disability benefits.
For more information, please visit http://www.deniedsocialsecuritybenefits.com/kirshandgood/.
Attorney Neil Good is a member of the national attorney network on LawyerCentral.com.
About Lawyer Central
Lawyer Central Network is a nationwide network of attorneys using technology to increase their individual exposure. Lawyer Central is emerging as a leading public relations and mixed media marketing organization for fast-growing law firms and forward-thinking attorneys. Lawyer Central membership includes access to cutting edge technology, as well as various types of media exposure ranging from practice area videos and in depth interviews to complete public relations and internet relations management.
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.