Dryer Vent Cleaning South Windsor Wizard Warns Residents about Dryer Fire Hazard
The memory is still sharp and painful as the Wizard recalls a dryer fire that claimed the life of a 5-year old child
The Wizard will never forget the dryer fire that consumed a mobile home and claimed the life of a 5-year old girl who was trapped inside. Neighbors tried to save the little girl, but the smoke and flames were too intense. The three children were sleeping and parents were not home when smoke detectors woke them. Two children, ages 8 and 11 escaped and ran to their grandmother’s trailer nearby to call 911.
Over 17,000 dryer fires occur annually, with failure to clean dryer vents being the number one cause. The South Windsor Dryer Vent Cleaning Wizard works hard to prevent this from occurring in his home town by educating his customers with tips to stay safe. He contacts customers each year to remind them to have their dryer vent inspected and cleaned. He makes sure they understand that even the very best system, professionally installed by the Wizard (http://southwindsorct.dryerventcleaningnow.com/), needs to be cleaned periodically. In addition, he urges people to never leave home or go to sleep when the dryer is running.
Though clogged dryer vent systems are the leading cause of dryer fires, John Moffat is advising consumers to have all their appliances, including the clothes dryer and dryer vent system installed by a certified professional. Faulty electrical outlets, leaky gas lines and valves and poorly installed dryer vent systems can be hazardous. Residents should also be careful of what is stored near the dryer. In the event of a fire, cardboard boxes and flammable liquids will provide fuel to allow it to burn hot and spread rapidly.
Dryer Vent Wizard specializes in dryer vent installation, repair and cleaning for homes and businesses in Hartford, Tolland and Windham Counties. Everyone who operates one or more clothes dryers needs this service. The Wizard provides dryer vent cleaning services for single family homes, apartments, condos, public laundries, beauty shops and animal shelters, just to name a few. Learn more about dryer fire prevention and energy savings at http://dryerventcleaningsouthwindsorct.blogspot.com/
About Dryer Vent Wizard:
Dryer Vent Wizard is a member of the National Fire Protection Association and the largest chain of dryer vent cleaning, repair, replacement and alternation specialists in the U.S. with over 60 franchisees in major markets. Dryer Vent Wizard franchisees work to promote public awareness on the importance of dryer vent cleaning to prevent dryer fires and save energy. Consumer education while making clothes dryers safer and greener are the main focus of DVW franchisees. Dryer Vent Wizard was founded in 2004 by Dave Lavalle who is also the founder of the Mr. Handyman franchise.
Dryer Vent Wizard of Hartford, Tolland and Windham Counties
44 Desmond Dr
Wethersfield, CT 06109-2511
Toll Free: 1-866-498-7233
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC
Dryer Vent Wizard
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.