Money Saving Tips From the Cochran Firm
Few people like spending more than they have to.
1. Many people could immediately save money on cellphone bills. If the contract required by a cellphone carrier has expired, then the consumer is free to shop around with any of the cut-rate carriers such as Cricket (http://www.mycricket.com) or Page Plus Cellular (https://www.pagepluscellular.com/). Although we are not endorsing these carriers or any company mentioned in this article, both use the national cell network of well-known companies. For instance, Page Plus uses the extensive Verizon network at about half the monthly cost of a Verizon account. Real savings can be achieved at $30 to $50 per month. (Annual savings- $360 to 600+)
2. “It just takes too much time to go through sales ads!” Spend one hour per week reviewing the grocery store sales ads that come in the mail and the Sunday paper. Many grocery items run on four or six week sale rotations. Mark the items that you purchase and stock up on these items at the lower cost. Take all of the sales ads to a store that matches prices and save even more money in gas. (Annual savings- $600+)
3. Clipping coupons will save a few more dollars. Most national brand coupons will not bring the item lower than the store brand comparable product, so they could be discarded. However, on occasion one can find some really good coupons. Additionally, some stores round the coupons up to 50 cents or a dollar on certain days which increases the savings. (Annual savings- $100+)
4. Replacing shower heads with $6 heads from Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Peerless-Power-Shower-Head-Chrome/15149026) that can be switched from regular to very limited flow during the shower will decrease a monthly water bill by about $10 for a family of four. Sliding the switch to limit water flow while lathering and cleaning will save several gallons of water. Save a couple more dollars by turning off the water while brushing teeth. (Annual savings- $120)
5. Changing banks could also save monthly charges. Service fees at some banks range from $5 to $12 per month, but there are still a few banks who do not charge monthly service fees for banking and using a debit card. (Annual savings- $60 to $150)
6. Use electronic devices to save on utility bills. A water heater timer found at Ace Hardware for about $42 (http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1820745) can turn the heater off during the night and daytime hours when hot water is not being used. Programmable thermostats ($20 at Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/Honeywell-RTH221B-Basic-Programmable-Thermostat/10975513) will save more electricity by changing the temperature higher or lower depending on season while a home is unoccupied during the day. Use of fans to move air around will also decrease the amount of time a furnace or air conditioner must run. (Annual savings- $180+)
Saving money does not have to hurt. Money can almost always be saved if one simply looks around and becomes resourceful. Each dollar saved is equivalent to a pay raise and increased one’s disposable income.
About the Cochran Firm
Recognized as one of the nation’s premier law firms, The Cochran Firm handles cases on behalf of clients seeking a Personal Injury Lawyer, Criminal Defense, Medical Malpractice, Bankruptcy Attorney in Atlanta or Social Security Disability Lawyer. The Firm can be reached at 1-800-THE-FIRM (1-800-843-3476) or visit their website at http://www.cochrannation.com. “Working for You.” Article by Benjamin A. Irwin, Esq.###
163 West Main Street
Dothan, Alabama 36301
Benjamin A. Irwin, Esq.
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.