Greenway Home Services, a Plumbing Repair Company in Memphis, Suggests Tips for Maintaining Ones Plumbing in the Home
Water is the source of life, though it can be the cause of frustration for anyone that is dealing with a plumbing issue. Certain precautions should be taken to prevent problems.
• Pour baking soda followed by vinegar down your bathtub drain once a month. Plug up the opening or cover it with a cloth while the chemical reaction is taking place. Wait a while, and then flush with boiling water. This process should open up the pipes and should remove everything from hair build-up to soap scum.
• If the water keeps running in the toilet bowl, the chain in your toilet might be too long and get caught under the stopper, but if the chain is the proper length, the stopper might need replaced.
• When purchasing new plumbing fixtures, brass is an option to consider. Brass fixtures last much longer and will last a long time. Brass also looks better than typical fixtures. You can find these in any type of home repair store.
• Don't pour oils, oil or grease down your drains. This is especially damaging to garbage disposals because the fat can stick to the blades and reduce their grinding power.
• If you have a toilet that is backing up and plunging it doesn’t help, it may be due to a blockage in the branch between the toilet and main lines. If one has tried and cannot remove the blockage, one may have to call one of the professional plumbing technicians from Greenway Home Services.
• Don't flush items like paper towels, sanitary napkins, tissues, paper towels and cotton balls down the toilet. The clog that will occur may cause the toilet to back up and flood the floor.
• Pour a dried septic tank bacteria product in the toilet periodically to keep the septic working properly. Have the septic tank pumped every so often can keep it working properly for years to come. Although it is somewhat expensive to pump out a septic tank, it will cost a lot more to dig up the back yard and clean up the sewage backup caused by a septic tank failure.
Good education and preparation is the key to avoiding plumbing woes. By learning more about plumbing, a homeowner can make the right decisions and reduce the chance of plumbing problems. It's also true that a homeowner can fix problems smoothly and quickly if he prepares for potential trouble. When an expert in plumbing service is needed call Greenway Home Services. Visit http://www.plumbingrepairmemphis.org/ for more information or call 901-252-0460.
About Greenway Home Services:
As a company, Greenway strives to not only meet their customer’s expectations in appliance repair, plumbing repair and heating and air-conditioning repair, but to exceed them with exceptional service. Greenway Home Services now runs over 40,000 calls a year, has two locations, one in Nashville and one in Memphis, and has a team of over 100 dedicated staff members.
Greenway Home Services
7550 Bartlett Corp Cove
Bartlett, TN 38133
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group. LLC
Greenway Home Services Memphis
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.