Greenway Home Services Plumbing Repair Division Offers Some Spring Cleaning Plumbing Tips
Keeping the homes plumbing in perfect shape is a simple matter of maintenance. As part of one’s spring cleaning routine, check for sump pump working properly, leaky faucets, continuously running toilets and backed up pipes.
• Before spring arrives, check to make sure that the sump pump is working. It could have frozen up during the winter and finding out now that it is not working is better than finding out when the spring thaw and rains come.
• Choose a drain cleaner with care. Some contain chemicals which could cause damage to your pipes. Always choose a drain cleaner that claims to be easy on pipes.
• Install strainers on all drains to prevent debris from clogging drains. The bathtub's strainers need to be removed and cleaned out as needed.
• Check the toilet tank regularly for leaks. Try dropping a little food coloring into the tank. If the water in the bowl turns colors, you will know that there is a seal problem with the toilet that needs immediate attention. Having it repaired by a reputable Memphis Plumbing Repair company like Greenway Home Services can save on one’s water bill.
• If a toilet is backing up, see if the blockage exists at the branch line which connects the sewage and main lines. If you can't manage this blockage, you will need to hire a plumbing professional like those at Greenway who can use a snake to unclog the line.
• One should always be aware of where the primary water cut-off valve is in the home. Fixtures, such as toilets and sinks, may also be equipped with individual cut-off valves. Show each family member the location of the valves, and add markings showing how to turn them off in case of emergency.
• Don't run the water when you use your garbage disposal. The truth is that it might encourage food to adhere to the disposal itself, which might create a problem later.
• Pouring some baking soda down the drains in the home will keep bad odors from backing up into the home. Follow with a good hot water rinse.
Maintaining one’s plumbing may not be top of the list when it comes to household chores, but doing so should keep one’s plumbing working in good order for years to come. Visit http://www.plumbingrepairmemphis.org/ or call 901-252-0460.
About Greenway Home Services:
As a company, Greenway strives to not only meet their customer’s expectations in appliance repair, plumbing repair and heating and air-conditioning repair, but to exceed them with exceptional service. Greenway Home Services now runs over 40,000 calls a year, has two locations, one in Nashville and one in Memphis, and has a team of over 100 dedicated staff members.
Greenway Home Services
7550 Bartlett Corp Cove
Memphis, TN 38133
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group. LLC
Greenway Home Services Memphis
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.