HandyPro Columbus Handyman Service Posts Safety Tips for Single Homeowners
Single, older homeowners may feel uncomfortable allowing strangers into their home to provide repairs and maintenance service
In any event, safety is a major issue today. With so many scam stories heard in the news people are becoming more aware of the need to take precautions. Single, older homeowners feel most vulnerable when they need home repair service. Even if the handyman comes highly recommended by a trusted friend or neighbor, the person coming to the home is still a stranger. The company may send a different contractor than the one who did such a wonderful job for the friend.
Again, in most cases, there is no real threat, especially when the contractor was called to the home and sent by a legitimate company. Homeowners who nervous can benefit from the following tips from a local handyman (http://www.handypro.com/w-nw-columbus.html) who understands their concern:
• Ask for the repairman's physical description. If the handyman is employed by a large company, ask the service representative for a physical description of the contractor.
• Ask to see the handyman's photo identification. Sometimes the handyman arrives in his own pick-up truck or panel van with no logo or lettering. Ask to see photo ID or credentials proving he is indeed the home service provider expected.
• Keep an eye on the repairman. A handyman should not roam around the house without supervision. Show him the job to be done and watch him as much as possible while he works.
• Let a neighbor know that a repairman is coming to the home so they can keep an eye out or stop by while the service man is there.
• Do not leave valuable items like expensive jewelry, laptop computers, and cash laying around.
Consumers should report any suspicious, rude or unprofessional behavior of a home service provider to the company. Perhaps this isn’t the first complaint they have received, so they will take action to protect their customers and their reputation.
Keith Paul, founder of HandyPro Handyman Service was inspired to start his business when an unscrupulous home repair contractor ripped off his grandmother! All his service technicians are licensed, bonded, drug tested and background checked.
HandyPro Handyman Service has grown in popularity with new franchises being awarded across the US. Tom and Laurie Mills purchased their handyman franchise in November, 2010 to make a positive difference in their community. Visit http://www.handymanservicescolumbus.com/ to learn more.
About HandyPro Handyman Services:
What’s on your to-do list? HandyPro Handyman Services offers affordable solutions to a wide variety of home repairs including home modification for seniors, home improvement and home remodeling, seasonal home maintenance and more. HandyPro specializes in helping the homeowner, business or property manager have building repairs completed professionally, in a timely manner, and guarantees 100% customer satisfaction. HandyPro Handyman Service has been in business since 1996, serving over 20,000 clients with zero complaints from the Better Business Bureau. HandyPro Handyman Services has been featured on Rachel Ray and Fox News.
Tom and Laurie Mills
HandyPro Handyman Services
4694 Cemetery Road
Hilliard, OH 43026
Toll Free: 800-942-6394
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC
Handy Pro Handyman Services
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.