Clawson Auto Body Shop, Collex Collision Experts, Offers Tips on Winter Driving
When the snow flies in Michigan and the roads are slick and icy, drivers must take extra care when behind the wheel to avoid accidents. Collex’s Clawson auto body shop offers some safe driving tips for Michigan motorists.
• Drivers should allow more stopping distance between one’s vehicle and the one ahead, at least three times the stopping distance is appropriate.
• Slow down. Always allow more time to arrive at one’s destination.
• No sudden moves. One should brake gently to avoid skidding and steer gently and avoid jerking the steering wheel and swerving.
• While most new vehicles come equipped with anti-lock brakes, if one’s vehicle is not equipped with them, and the wheels lock up when braking, one should ease off the brake and pump them gently.
• Turn on the head lights to increase one’s visibility to other motorists.
• Don’t be a peephole driver. Clean all windows thoroughly, especially the windshield.
• Watch for ice on bridges and overpasses which will freeze first.
• Be watchful of “black ice.” Precipitation such as fog and mist can freeze on the road and it can be almost invisible on the road surface, thus the term “black ice.”
• Just because one drives a four-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, the vehicle is not impervious to skidding, especially on ice. Slow down even if one drives an SUV.
• If the rear wheels skid, one should take their foot off the accelerator and steer in the direction of the skid. If the rear skids left, steer left, if the rear wheels skid right, steer right. Remember no sudden movements. Do not slam on the brakes or jerk the wheel, smooth and easy is the key.
• If you have anti-lock brakes (ABS), do not pump the brakes. Apply steady pressure to the brakes. You will feel the brakes apply and then back off to keep the wheels from skidding.
• On slick streets, do not apply the brakes when the vehicle is turning. If the wheels lock up and skid, the car will keep going straight. The wheels must be turning in order for the car to steer.
Even the safest and most skilled winter driver can have a collision occasionally. When that happens an expert collision repair shop will be needed. One should visit the professionals at Collex’s Clawson auto body repair shop for professional, affordable auto collision repair.
About Collex Collision:
Today Collex stands as the leader of Metro-Detroit’s highly competitive collision repair industry and Collex is excited to serve Southwest Florida with the same excellent service. The company’s growth is directly correlated with the high quality of workmanship that they provide for each repair as well as excellent customer service that they guarantee for each customer.
44700 Enterprise Dr
Clinton Township, MI 48038
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC
Collex Collision Experts
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.