A Plumbing Repair Company, Greenway Home Services, Offers Tips on Preventing Frozen Pipes
Frozen pipes can burst and cost homeowner thousands of dollars to repair the damage. Greenway Home Services offers some tips to keep pipes from freezing during the cold winter months.
• One should drain all the lines that will not be used in the winter months. Drain water from swimming pool and water sprinkler supply lines. Checking with the manufacturer should provide directions for doing this or call a plumbing expert..
• Outside faucets should be left open if the line can be shut off inside the house. Keeping the faucet open will allow any remaining water from expanding and bursting the pipe.
• If water lines are located in unheated areas, one should check and make sure that these lines are insulated. If not sure how to insulate pipes one can call a plumbing repair expert like the ones at Greenway Home Services.
• Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
• For crawl spaces and other exposed areas, if pipes are not insulated, check the local hardware store for pipe heating products. There are many products like heated pipe tape that can be purchased and installed to prevent freezing. A plumbing repair professional like the ones at Greenway can provide this service.
• When the temperatures drop below zero, one should leave the water dripping in faucets. Moving water doesn’t freeze as quickly as standing water. Leave kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors open to provide extra heat.
If the pipes do freeze, do not attempt to thaw them out with an open flame as with a torch or gas heater. Many house fires have started this way. One should instead call an expert in plumbing repair such as Greenway Home Services. Visit http://www.plumbingrepairmemphis.org/ to schedule a plumbing expert to the home or call 901-252-0460.
About Greenway Home Services:
As a company, Greenway strives to not only meet their customer’s expectations in appliance repair, plumbing repair and heating and air-conditioning repair, but to exceed them with exceptional service. Greenway Home Services now runs over 40,000 calls a year, has two locations, one in Nashville and one in Memphis, and has a team of over 100 dedicated staff members.
Greenway Home Services
7550 Bartlett Corp Cove
Bartlett, TN 38133
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group. LLC
Greenway Home Services Memphis
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.