HandyPro Cleveland Handyman Offers Safety Tips for Elderly and Single Homeowners
Many older, single homeowners are uncomfortable allowing strangers into their home to provide necessary service
Safety is a major issue today with new scam stories being presented in the news. People are becoming more aware of the need to take care when hiring a home repair contractor. Single, older homeowners feel most vulnerable when they need a skilled home service provider. Even if the handyman comes highly recommended by a trusted friend or neighbor, the person coming to the home is still a stranger. The company may send a different contractor than the one who did such a wonderful job for the friend.
Again, in most cases, there is no real threat, especially when the contractor was called to the home and sent by a legitimate company. Homeowners who are nervous can benefit from the following tips from a local handyman (http://handypro.com/OH03__Akron.html) who understands their concern:
• Ask for the repairman's physical description. If the handyman is employed by a large company, ask the service representative for a physical description of the contractor.
• Ask to see the handyman's photo identification. Sometimes the handyman arrives in his own pick-up truck or panel van with no logo or lettering. Ask to see photo ID or credentials proving he is indeed the home service provider expected.
• Keep an eye on the repairman. A handyman should not roam around the house without supervision. Show him the job to be done and watch him as much as possible while he works.
• Let a neighbor know that a repairman is coming to the home so they can keep an eye out or stop by while the service man is there.
• Do not leave valuable items like expensive jewelry, laptop computers, and cash laying around.
Consumers should report any suspicious, rude or unprofessional behavior of a home repair contractor to the company. Perhaps this isn’t the first complaint they have received, so they will take action to protect their customers and their reputation.
Handypro customers are treated with the respect they deserve. The handyman will arrive on time or the customer receives a discount of $30 on their home repair service. Kevin Krakora feels honored to be invited into a customer’s home and trusted with their project, so he respects their home by cleaning up his work area when the job is complete. Leaving the area free from debris is not only a professional courtesy, but a safety issue as well. Visit http://clevelandohiohandyman.blogspot.com/ to learn more.
About handypro Handyman Services:
What’s on your to-do list? HandyPro Handyman Services offers affordable solutions to a wide variety of home repairs including home modification for seniors, home improvement and home remodeling, seasonal home maintenance and more. HandyPro specializes in helping the homeowner, business or property manager have building repairs completed professionally, in a timely manner, and guarantees 100% customer satisfaction. HandyPro Handyman Service has been in business since 1996, serving over 20,000 clients with zero complaints from the Better Business Bureau. HandyPro Handyman Services has been featured on Rachel Ray and Fox News.
HandyPro of NE Ohio
1970 N. Cleve-Mass Rd #783
Bath, OH 44210
Toll Free: 800-942-6394
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group, LLC
Handy Pro Handyman Services
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.