Nashville Plumbing Repair Experts, Greenway Home Services, Reminds Homeowners that Plumbing Maintenance Can Help Prevent Emergency Plumbing Problems
There are some simple things that do-it-yourselfers can do to prevent plumbing repairs and plumbing emergencies in the home.
Greenway Home Services for All Your Plumbing Needs
Inside or Outside Plumbing Repairs
Call Greenway for Plumbing Repair in Nashville
This collection of advice should provide the DIY with just the right amount of knowledge and inspiration to do some of their own plumbing. For plumbing repairs beyond one’s comfort level, call the plumbing repair experts at Greenway Home Services at 615-970-3354 or visit their website at http://www.plumbingrepairnashville.org/ Here are some simple tips to prevent major damage and emergency plumbing problems:
• Twice per year, visually inspect the pipes under all of the sinks in one’s home. It is essential to check for leaks and fix any that may be found, because leaking pipes can damage the cabinets and the floor underneath. The dampness can also support mold growth, which can be hazardous.
• If water is flooding one’s home, immediately switch off the main electrical power. If water comes into contact with any electrical components, it can become a fatal situation. Once the power is off, then deal with the flood water. Put the family's personal safety first, and show each member of the family how to shut off the power.
• In any DIY plumbing installation project, make sure that to always test the drains and the supply lines before the walls are closed up. If a leak is present after the wall is sealed, tearing out the wall to get to the problem will be the only recourse.
• Make sure to never leave any flammable liquids near the water heater. Certain liquids like gasoline, solvents, or adhesives are flammable, and if left too close to the water heater, can ignite. If one has to have to have these liquids in the basement, place it far away from the water heater.
• If there is an underground leak in the pipes, it is possible to detect the leak before digging. Today's leak detection equipment is very sophisticated and modern, allowing technicians to detect and pinpoint exactly where leaks are before they go about trying to fix them with professional grade equipment. The experts at Greenway Home Services are prepared to do any plumbing project inside or outside. One should give them a call at 615-970-3354 for professional plumbing repairs when it is beyond one’s skill level.
• Be sure to blow out the sprinklers during the fall months. If one forgets to do it, or have it done, broken pipes may be the result when cold weather comes. If the lines freeze and burst, the homeowner will have to go through the expense and the work involved in replacing those lines. An air compressor will do the job nicely.
• A leaking bathroom fixture does not necessarily mean that a full replacement or costly visit from the plumber is necessary. Often times, a simple rinse of the individual parts or repair of a rubber seal is all that's needed to keep the bathroom fixture running properly for years to come. If it needs replaced calling a professional plumbing repair technician is recommended to avoid any further damage.
• If the water is not going into the dishwasher, the first thing one should do is shut off the water under the sink. Chances are there is some kind of blockage, and keeping the water turned on could actually create a bigger problem. To fix the blockage, you may need to call a plumber. Call the plumbing repair experts at Greenway Home Services at 615-970-3354 or visit their website at http://www.plumbingrepairnashville.org/
Keeping up with maintenance is the number one way to keep one’s plumbing free of problems. When those problem do arise, call the largest locally owned home service company at Greenway. Their expert plumbing repair technicians can diagnose an repair any plumbing problem.
About Greenway Home Services:
As a company, Greenway strives to not only meet their customer’s expectations in appliance repair, plumbing repair and heating and air-conditioning repair, but to exceed them with exceptional service. Greenway Home Services now runs over 40,000 calls a year, has two locations, one in Nashville and one in Memphis, and has a team of over 100 dedicated staff members.
Greenway Home Services
1420 Donelson Pike, STE B-7
Nashville, TN 37217
This press release was submitted by Right Now Marketing Group. LLC
Greenway Home Services Nashville
This is a press release. Press release distribution and press release services by EmailWire.Com: http://www.emailwire.com/us-press-release-distribution.php.